Thursday, January 24, 2013

Review: Dior Diorskin Shimmer Star in Amber Diamond

This is an exciting addition to my makeup collection. I have waited for a long time (mainly because of its designer price tag) to finally get the highly raved Dior Amber Diamond. 


Its packaging feels very luxurious and it comes in a blue velvet pouch. The only complaint I have is that it does not have enough weight to it. The case is fully plastic.



This is a multi-purpose product. You can use it as an allover the face shimmer powder, or as a cheek highlight, or as eye shadows. For me, I especially love it as eye shadows since there are 5 different neutral colours. It is enough to do a complete eye look. Keep in mind, the colours are more sheer compared to actual eye shadows as this product is meant to be a face powder. Nevertheless, it is perfect for subtle everyday looks.


Here are some swatches for the individual shades, as well as for all colours blended.


Overall, it is a great product! The powder is very finely milled and it feels velvety soft without being chalky. When used as a highlight, it gives the cheeks a healthy radiant glow. As an eye shadow palette, it brightens the eyes instantly. If you are looking for a good quality multi-purpose product, this is the one. Its versatility also makes it a great product for travel makeup bags.

Price: $45 US/CAD

Be happy, 

Lynndiful :)

4 comments:

  1. Amber Diamond is one of my favourite highlighter ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy I finally got it :) So nice to see you stop by! I need to update more often!

      Delete
  2. yay! great review :) the shimmer and the packaging looks amazing ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging looks very mature hehe, but I really wish it wasn't all plastic and feels so light.

      Delete