Monday, July 23, 2012

Review: Nars Eyeshadow Duo in Charade

I have been wanting to try Nars eyeshadows for a long time. I am deeply in love with Nars blushes and have heard a ton of great things about its eyeshadows. The reason why it took me so long to try them is the $39 price tag for a duo. Other high-end brands such as Urban decay has fabulous eyeshadows too and you can get a palette of 10 colors for that price.

I was at The Bay in Vancouver downtown just browsing and spotted a makeup artist (Aaron - Awoz) I watch on Youtube working at the Nars counter. Aaron is such an enthusiastic person and an amazing makeup artist. He showed me all the Nars eyeshadows and gave me great recommendations. This is what I came home with...


The duo I picked up is CHARADE: muted mauve + smokey plum <3



I wanted something neutral and suitable for everyday wear. The colors in Charade look like they would be too colorful with their pink and purple undertones. When I swatched them, they show up more muted than they appear in the pan. If you have brown or hazel eyes like me, these colors will really complement your eyes :)
What do you think?



Charade has a matte formula. I added some sparkly champagne shadow in the middle of my eyelids to add a bit of pop. Sparkles bring me happiness :)

Overall, this duo lives up to all the expectations I have for it. It is pigmented, smooth and easy to blend.

Do you like NARS? What is your go-to eyeshadow color?

Smile, be happy,

Linda 

2 comments:

  1. I love nars! I never used their eyeshadow before, only their pressed foundation and bronzer/blush duo! this is a great color on you though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first one too and I love it. You should also give it a try when you get a chance. How do you like your Laguna bronzer?

      Delete